Lo-Chlor Starver is a totally non-toxic, harmless, biodegradable phosphate remover.
The presence of phosphates in swimming pool water is not harmful and in chlorinated pools would not normally require the application of a phosphate remover providing that the free-chlorine level is maintained in the range 1.5 - 3ppm AT ALL TIMES so if you have auto-dosing of chlorine this should not be a problem. However a problem will arise if you have high phosphates and the free chlorine level drops out, because in this situation an algae attack is likely and can be sudden and vicious! If your pool doesn't have any phosphates then algae will not bloom even if there is no chlorine in the pool.
Lo-Chlor Starver should be used when the phosphate level is below 2000ppb (200ppm). For higher phosphate levels use Lo-Chlor Starver X.
Intial Dose: - For phosphate reading up to 1ppm (1000ppb) add starver at a reate of 500mls per 50,000 ltrs of water every 2-3 days. For a reading greater than 1ppm (1000ppb) but below 2ppm (2000ppb) add Starver at a rate of 1 ltr per 50,000 ltrs of water every 2-3 days.
Maintenance Dose :- For a phosphate reading between 0-0.2ppm (0-2000ppb) a regular maintenance dose of 500mls per 50,000 ltrs water is required every 2 weeks. The required dosage should de added until you finish the container.
NOT SUITABLE FOR USE WITH CARTRIDGE FILTERS
- Additional Information
Corrosive Substance No
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Excl. Tax: £5.95 Incl. Tax: £7.14